Thursday, February 21, 2008

Weather people are overpaid

I think our weather people need some serious re-training. All I heard yesterday was about this HUGE ice storm we were supposed to have last night. People were attacking Wal-Mart so they would be prepared for it.

This morning, I wake up and look outside...nothing. I get my son ready for school and I get myself ready for work. He is actually waiting for the bus until I realized that we've been waiting for too long. I turned on the TV and every stinkin' school in a 50-mile radius is closed!

What is going on? There is more ice on my porch than on the road. I mean literally NOTHING was on the road. It was a perfectly fine day to go to work and school. Well when the public school is closed, my work is usually closed except for the office staff (which I am). I called my boss and she decides she isn't coming either...at this point I think that maybe everyone in my town is having a mass hallucination of ice or snow or something.

It turns out, the school administration was just being cautious. There was more weather predicted for later on in the day and they didn't want to take any chances. But still. Give me a break would ya? I cannot believe that I had to use a sick day from work for NO REASON. *sigh* And after all that, we didn't get anything after all...what would these people do in Michigan or Minnesota???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.